Tenant Help

What to do if you experience a problem in your property…

If you experience a problem in your property please contact our

Property Management Team on 01784 252202 / 01784 433696

or email – pm@aspenestateagents.co.uk

Our lines are open Monday to Friday 0900 to 1830 and Saturday 0900 to 1700


What to do in an emergency…

An emergency is something that could not have been foreseen and which could cause serious damage to the property.  For example…

Gas Leaks.

If you smell gas or detect a gas leak;

  • Call the National Gas Emergency service on 0800 111 999
  • Turn off the gas supply at the meter if it is safe to do so
  • Extinguish all sources of ignition and naked flames and do not smoke.
  • Not to operate any electrical switches on or off
  • Ventilate the property by opening windows and doors

Electrical  Problems 

If you have no electricity you should check there isn’t a power cut in the area by calling 105.  If there isn’t a power cut you should check your appliances.  A faulty appliance is not considered an emergency – call the Property Managment team as soon as possible.

Central Heating & Hot Water Faults

If there are any back up forms of heating (such as a gas or electric fire) or hot water (such as an electric shower or a working immersion heater) available at the property then the Property Management team should be contacted during office hours.

If you are experiencing difficulties at night or over a weekend and cannot wait until Monday then a contractor should be contacted to attend.

Please see emergency contact information at the bottom of this page should you require an emergency contractor.

Water Leaks

Water should be turned off at the stop cock if unable to find stop cock then a contractor should be called out to stop the water supply to the property to reduce the damage to the property.

Where water is leaking from another property the tenant should try and gain access through knocking the door and advises them of leak coming from the property and switch off water to stop the leak. If unable to gain access to the property where the leak is coming from then a contractor will need to attend to gain access and stop the leak

Please see emergency contact information at the bottom of this page should you require an emergency contractor.

Roof Leaks

Roof leaks are not an emergency and contractors cannot walk on roofs in the dark. Please use a bucket/towel to collect the water in the short term.  Please contact Property Managment as soon as possible.

For safety all electrics in the room must be turned off and only turned back on when advised it is safe to do so and the area is dried out


If you have a total loss of water supply (nothing coming through any cold taps) you should first check if your neighbours have been affected and if so this is likely to be a supplier issue. You should then call your water supplier.

If you have no water coming from just one tap this is not an emergency situation so please contact property management.

Any taps leaking into the sink/bath is not an emergency.

Blockages – Blocked waste pipes in kitchen or bathroom are the tenants own responsibility. You should try to unblock yourself. If you have tried to unblock but have been unsuccessful you would need to be aware that you will be charged for this to be repaired and to contact the property management team during working hours to arrange a contractor to attend.

Criminal Damage

Where criminal damage has been caused, smashed windows, door, fence panels or other criminal damage you need to report this to the police to obtain a crime reference.

Contractors can attend to take appropriate action to ensure the property is secure during out of hours in the way of boarding up the property where needed if the police are unable to assist.

The tenant will be charged for this without a valid crime reference being supplied.

If you are experiencing a true emergency and the issue cannot be resolved in our property management opening hours please call 07843 661263. 

Please be aware that if a contractor is called out as an emergency and it is deemed unjustified you will be liable for the cost.